Welcome to Thorvald!

Sometimes, the process of making a stop motion animated film is a bit like being locked in a deadly struggle with a fearsome sea serpent, only to look into its face and recognize yourself. This blog is for anyone who has battled a 12-inch tall monster of their own and discovered a worthy adversary and a beautiful friendship.

Welcome to my lair. Visit my monsters and tell me about yours.

Click the "Subscribe To" or "Follow By Email" links below to become a follower and get regular updates.

Monday 21 February 2011

Thorvald Needs Your Help!

Would you like to be a part of Thorvald's journey? Thorvald and the Slimy Things now has its very own page at Kickstarter.com, and we have until Wednesday, March 23 to raise $1,000 dollars to finish the film. Click on the link below to see a small "making of" featurette and learn about all the lovely rewards you can get for pledging as little as $5. Thorvald cannot reach his goal without you!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I was browsing through the Kickstarter animation projects and came across your Thorvald film. I've been interested/dabbling in stop-motion for a while now and was intrigued by your puppets and ideas for the film. I checked out the films on your website and was completely blown away. You are a rare glimmer of hope amongst the thousands of amateurish and poorly animated stop motion films out there. Your animations are so smooth (Coraline/Nightmare Before Christmas immediately came to mind) and you have an incredible grasp of the subtle/intricate movements of character and timing. On top of all this your character designs are incredibly original and inspiring. That being said, I have some advice for your Kickstarter video to get some more people interested- Put some clips of your previous animations on there! (particularly your 2008-2009 animations) Perhaps you could even start out the video with these clips to draw attention. You're stuff NEEDS to be seen! In the meantime I'll try to spread the word around as much as I can and I'll donate to the project as soon as I update my bank account. Keep doing what you're doing!
    Take care,
    -Brett

    ReplyDelete