Welcome to Thorvald!

Sometimes, the process of making a stop motion animated film is a bit like being locked in a deadly struggle with a fearsome sea serpent, only to look into its face and recognize yourself. This blog is for anyone who has battled a 12-inch tall monster of their own and discovered a worthy adversary and a beautiful friendship.

Welcome to my lair. Visit my monsters and tell me about yours.

Click the "Subscribe To" or "Follow By Email" links below to become a follower and get regular updates.

Friday 12 July 2013

Indiegogo Campaign For My New Short

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been keeping really busy! I have just launched an indiegogo campaign for my upcoming stop motion short film, The Burglar With The Yellow Hand.
 It's a dark but funny story about a burglar who gets more than he bargained for when he steals an enchanted painting and realizes that true art really can stand up for itself. The style is inspired by Silent Era German Expressionist films, so there will be a great deal of foreboding shadows, ominously distorted sets, and explorations of inner duality and the line between reality and illusion.

Check out the link to the right to learn more about the campaign, look at photos and video, contribute in exchange for some really exciting rewards (starting at $5), or just help spread the word. We only have until September 10th to raise our $2,000 budget, so help us make some noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment